My sweet tooth was screaming at me so Fox and I decided to make some satisfying sugar cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size : 14 cookies
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons sprinkles
1 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup neutral vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sprinkles. Mix together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar with oil, water, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir well until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to chill in refrigerator for one hour (this keeps the cookies from spreading too much while baking, you may skip this step).
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease cookie sheet with oil. Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll cookies (about 2 tablespoons of dough) into small mounds, press down gently on the mounds with your palms to slightly flatten.
5. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, the cookies should be puffed up and lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from oven and allow to cool.