On today's episode of Cooking with Foxy, we made very easy and quick to make banana bread. This bread is perfect for breakfast, dessert or something to snack on throughout the day.
To get to it, see recipe below...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Serving Size: 10 slices
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
5 tablespoons water
2 large ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
1/3 cup melted vegan butter or applesauce (I prefer applesauce for moistness)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup almond milk or non dairy milk (coconut, soy, oat)
2 cups all purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 chopped walnuts and/or pecans
3/4 non dairy chocolate and/or white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan or muffin sheet for muffins instead of bread.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and water. Set aside to thicken; this is your "egg".
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth and stir in the melted vegan butter or applesauce.
4. Add the brown sugar, milk and flax eggs into large bowl and mix well until combined.
5. Add the flour and sprinkle in the baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon on top of the flour and stir gently.
6. Add the walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips and pour into the prepared pan or muffin sheet and bake for about 50 minutes.
*Note* if using muffin sheet, time is only about 25-30 minutes to bake. To ensure your goodies do not overcook whether using loaf pan of making muffins, you can insert toothpick or butter knife and ensure the center comes out clean.
7. Let the tasty goodness cool in the pan or muffin sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Slice carefully right away or allow it to cool completely for easier slicing and serving.